Manager, Strength & Conditioning – UFC Shanghai PI
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Strength & Conditioning
COMPANY: Zuffa, LLC
DEPARTMENT: UFC Performance Institute – Shanghai
REPORTS TO: Dir., Performance – UFC Performance Institute – Shanghai
Aligned with the overall strategy of the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) the Manager, Strength & Conditioning will lead the development and implementation of all strength & conditioning aspects within the UFCPI. This role will work closely with the Dir., Performance to develop China’s leading training institution in terms of performance, welfare, and research into MMA and combat sports.
- Assumes a leadership role of the UFCPI strength & conditioning program.
- Develops third-party consultant relationships. Forms strategic partnerships with industry leaders in strength & conditioning.
- Develops and implements support systems to aid in athlete assessments, and data collection and management.
- Cultivates relationships with athletes, coaches, and gyms to distribute evidence-based relevant information.
- Establishes strength & conditioning protocols.
- Establishes agreed-upon strength & conditioning targets.
- Performs on-going training with athletes, coaches, and UFCPI staff members to ensure continued professional development and adherence to professional codes of conduct.
- Performs other tasks, projects, and responsibilities to establish a world class performance facility.
- Post Graduate Degree in Exercise Science or other related curriculum required.
- 5+ years of high-level technical management experience in science, research, and strength and conditioning fields.
- Certification as a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) and/or Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES).
- Previous experience working effectively in a high performance environment with elite athletes and coaches.
- Personal or professional experience in combat or contact sport is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the demands of MMA (i.e. physical, physiology, gender-specific, weight categories, weight management, travel requirements, etc.).
- Understanding of existing evidence-based research, and the implementation of new research areas to enhance the sport, athletes, and coaches.