Marketing Manager – British Dressage
The Marketing Manager is a key member of the senior management team at head office, responsible for leading the marketing and promotion of British Dressage, covering membership, sponsorship, events, merchandise, licensing and other associated commercial activities.
The key areas for this role are as follows:
- Create innovative marketing campaigns and associated promotional plans
- Develop a range of promotional literature, producing marketing toolkits and other collateral to drive our commercial revenue and support our stakeholder partners.
- Develop an online and social media strategy across all available digital channels.
- Create effective design and artwork for all print and online marketing campaigns.
- Line management of the Marketing Communications and Sponsorship Assistants.
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy to promote the sport of dressage across all of its activities, with a particular focus on driving membership and events.
- In conjunction with the Membership and Communications teams, create a campaign calendar and promotional plans that will drive a range of marketing initiatives throughout the year.
- Produce effective marketing of BD’s premier events: National and Winter Championships, National Convention, Judges Convention, Principles Seminar and other major BD activities.
- Effective marketing support for membership at both central and regional level, producing a range of membership collateral and supporting promotional items.
- Budget management for all marketing and promotional activity, ensuring effective monitoring, timely reporting and delivery on budget.
- Develop marketing and promotional activity for clothing, merchandise, licensing and other commercial projects.
- Ensure marketing campaigns for sponsors and business partners are delivered against contractual obligations and exceed expectations.
- Develop and maintain a range of marketing literature and collateral, to include Discover Dressage, Welcome to BD, BD Youth, Para, Quest Club booklets and other new initiatives.
- Create effective marketing campaigns for BD Championships and promote major BD shows in the calendar, such as Premier Leagues, Regionals and Area Festivals, as well as Team Quest & Associated Championships, to ensure sponsor needs and benefits are met.
- In conjunction with organisers promote high profile dressage events, providing a range of supporting marketing activity, such as Windsor, Bolesworth, Hickstead, HOYS & Olympia.
- Develop creative artwork and innovative designs for all print and online marketing campaigns to promote the BD brand in accordance with BD guidelines.
- Develop and implement an effective digital media strategy that encompasses all available on-line and social media channels, to include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and You Tube.
- Be the main point of contact for Regional Development Officers and Regional Marketing Reps, acting as lead coordinator to support marketing activity within the regions.
- Act as ‘brand champion’, ensuring correct use of the BD identity across all channels. Develop and maintain an online marketing tool kit to support regional marketing activity, including supply of logos, membership / marketing forms and templates for newsletters / posters.
- Work closely with the Communications team to plan and execute the delivery of all member newsletters, contributing relevant content where required for sponsors and partners.
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by the BD Board, CEO or COO.
- Manage and develop the marketing team, including setting annual targets and ensuring that all objectives are delivered on time and on budget.
Qualifications & Skills
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experienced marketing professional, educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills, with good attention to detail
- A strong sense of design, with a natural flair for creativity and innovation
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and a proven track record of producing creative and effective content for online and social media channels
- High level of computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM and CMS systems
- Strong interest in equestrianism, knowledge of dressage would be advantageous
- Full clean driving license and own car
Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience of using web / graphic programs
- A working knowledge of HTML and Adobe Design packages
Personal Skills / Characteristics
- Positive, enthusiastic, proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Personable professional approach, with ability to build strong professional relationships
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised, with a structured approach to work and strong attention to detail
- Able to contribute effectively to strategy formulation and objective setting
- High standards of written and verbal communication, with excellent interpersonal skills
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.