Marketing Manager (Football)
Our client is a leading sports nutrition company that develops, manufactures and markets innovative sports nutrition products for professional athletes and sports enthusiasts.
The primary focus for the role is to execute brand plans in the Football market through media activations, event marketing and trade marketing.
The role is highly dynamic requiring a commercially astute, personable, experienced and energetic individual who is highly driven.
The Marketing Manager will play a critical role in maximising brand health. A suitable candidate will understand importance of executional consistency and have a strong track record in executing strategy.
The candidate will carry out following primary responsibilities:
- Event organisation – Event management & recruitment and manage in-market brand activation manager/s to activate the football events roster.
- Manage direct relationships with both sponsorship and media partners to identify and scope annual plan to drive brand objectives.
- Identify knowledge gaps & lead market research to create insight within the football market.
- Manage relationship with specialist football press & digital titles across the market and secure coverage for the brand (or manage PR agency where appointed).
- Assist Head of Football with partnerships/sponsorships and executing the rights negotiated.
- Managing approval process of creative for e-CRM programme, brand marketing and digital marketing programme.
- Ensure a best in class football specific content plan communicated through the website, brand partners and paid media. Close relationship required with Head of Social & Content to deliver on brand objectives across the market.
- Lead execution of the NPD strategy including sampling, consumer focus groups, PR plans with agency & content creation.
- Creation of retail marketing assets in collaboration with the retail team
- Consumer, market and competitive savviness – uncover opportunities to build the brand and grow the business through understanding consumer and market insights and drivers of competitive success.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven track record of delivering to targets and strategy development skills
- Commercially savvy and emotionally intelligent
- Experience of commercial partnerships and executing sponsorships
- Passionate about the brand and the football industry
- Competitive and proactive mind-set
- Effective teamwork through collaboration and communication. Able to influence, work well in a team setting and be accountable for own actions
- Able to work independently and be resourceful
- Computer literate and strong analytical thinking
- Flexible working and adaptable to a range of activities in any given day
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.