Marketing Manager (UK Footwear)
Our client is the name behind some of the world’s loved footwear and active brands. Their brands are there in the moments that matter, and being there for more people in more of those moments drives everything they do.
Their owned brands include Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. They are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures, Ted Baker footwear and Kickers in the UK.
As a family business, they believe every individual has the power to help shape their future. They have been recognised as one of the best workplaces in the UK and Europe. Their global HQ is in the UK and they employ over 1,800 people across 20 countries around the world.
Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
This role is responsible for developing brand aligned shopper activation strategy and objectives for footwear brands across the UK footwear market place. This role is accountable for delivering a best in class shopper experience when shoppers choose to engage with our brands via our customers across the full shopper journey; aligned with brand, regional and channel plans. This role ensures budgets are managed and alignment is created across the consumer and customer function to deploy the brand plan tailored to the market place focused plan.
This role will require you to develop shopper marketing strategies with brand activation colleagues, sharing best practice and scale efficiencies across the categories and delivering the required activation trackers. You will work with the UK Footwear Commercial team and shopper design and merchandising team to articulate the customer activation vision that enables excellence in implementation globally across the customers.
- To deliver the customer and channel activation plan that inspires and excites our customers and shoppers with accountability for the brand execution aligned to regional / brand / global customer plans; supporting the delivery of our ambition within the UK Footwear market place and alignment with the commercial calendar
- Be responsible for agreeing activation with the customer and delivering the brand communication objectives across the relevant touch points of the customers Shopper journey including promotions and new product launches to influence behaviour. Deliver and execute in stores demos + experiential concepts as required. Develop breadth of influence through a proactive contact strategy.
- Partner with appropriate brand, digital & social media marketing teams to deliver 360 degree customer activation and own any tailored creative briefs by engaging with relevant agencies where required to deliver tailored customer content / materials
- Work closely with sales and planning function and shopper insights team to gain greater understanding of consumers & shoppers and analyse trends to scope, recommend and execute plans, identifying opportunities and areas for improvement within assigned UK Key Account customers across the brands.
- Responsible for ensuring clear internal communication of plans and activity via briefing notes and customer activation calendar.
- Responsibility for internal influence, engagement and education to deliver plans & bring in a deep understanding of the customer and their needs to the company. Be the voice of the Shopper for this channel within the company and drive the channel agenda internally engaging the sales and planning team on appropriate channel requirements and timelines.
- Execute category management projects as part of a cross functional team and co-marketing opportunities to reinforce the companies category captainship and maximize identified growth drivers.
- Develop POS materials and engage with the Visual Merchandising teams as required. All projects are owned, managed, measured, taking necessary interventions to keep up on track. This will include the design and content decisions for customer- specific literature, customer events, VM store builds, Retailer online, Direct Mail and other digital executions.
- Work with the Visual Merchandising Team to ensure instore merchandising solutions best fit store format and shopper profile for effective instore shopper objectives and brand visibility.
- Monitor, evaluate and diagnose brand activation and competitors to ensure ongoing continuous improvement and advise commercial teams on maximising return on our investment with the customer and improvement of go to market execution.
- Play a key part throughout the customer sell-in process ensuring delivery of key propositions through proactive shopper activation plans that support delivery of the customer plan and growth ambitions
- To be an active member of the UK Footwear Commercial Team, communicating activation plans to customer teams and UK leads working within a global matrix team facilitating, sharing & reapplying learnings that allows us to work more effectively.
- Manage (via dotted line reporting) X3 Visual Merchandisers, Stretch and develop them beyond their comfort zones, building their knowledge and abilities in the art of all forms of shopper marketing.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven track record of planning and delivering shopper marketing plans with customers
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Strong Influencing skills – Experience of influencing and engaging key figures in customer organizations
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment; managing key stakeholders across multiple working locations
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally.
- Experience of managing multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills are required.
- Understanding of retail and commercial models
- Additional functional experience, preferably in Shopper Insights, retail or category management is an advantage
- Knowledge of competition law
- Negotiation trained (beneficial)
- Prepared to travel UK and Pan EU as required
- Previous line management experience (advantageous but not essential)
- Able to demonstrate a passion for bringing the voice of the shopper and customer in to the business
- Able to deliver brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standards in everything you do
- Can think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities, generate ideas and move them to action
- Confident, professional and articulate communicator
- Challenge and recommend new ideas and be willing to drive strategies and efficiencies
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas adding value
- Tenacious, flexible and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- An ambassador for the company
- Numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking and build compelling relevant commercial arguments
- High tenacity & passion to achieve via influence
- Works with customers and internally to implement solutions
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Able to liaise and influence with people at all levels
- Ability to lead continuous improvement
- Ability to work with matrix mind-set and build trust across multiple locations of work
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.