Marketing Manager – Merrell
To determine and execute MERRELL Marketing Plans in Nordics, driving brands development and sales growth in accordance with the global marketing strategy and Nordic Business Plans
- Develop a Marketing Strategy that is consistent with the Merrell global vision and brands positioning, recognizes specific conditions of the Nordic markets and reflects Nordic business objectives
- Determine a comprehensive Marketing Plan that embraces clearly defined brand, category, product and sales objectives that reflect and contribute towards the achievement of the Nordic Business Plan
- Develop annual budget proposals in accordance with the Marketing Plan. Efficiently control and manage all spend within agreed annual budget levels. Monitor and report budget on a monthly basis
- Plan and execute marketing activity plans for each season. Manage development & execution of brand-relevant consumer-facing programs or promotions to support sell in & sell-through in-store
- Liaise closely with the Sales team and manage development & execution of sell-in packages & sales materials for Retail.
- Work closely with Key Accounts Managers and major customers to develop Trade Marketing Plans that tangibly contribute towards the achievement of specific sales growth targets. Consider sales promotion, staff incentives, visual merchandising, co-op advertising windows, e-comm content amongst the variables to be utilized.
- Significantly improve visual presence of Merrell at retail, increasing coverage, upgrading quality perception and reflecting brand positioning and differentiation from competitors. Develop and provide comprehensive POS support package, liaising with Sales team and, when relevant, key customers.
- Systematically communicate marketing activity in order to maximise brand selling story. Make regular brand strategy and marketing activity presentations to the sales team and to customers. Produce summary monthly and comprehensive Quarterly Marketing Reports that present details and results of all recent activity together with plans for immediate period.
- Evaluate impact & results of communications activities & marketing programs, providing recommendations for future actions & input to future seasonal strategy.
- Interpret global consumer and retailer profiles for the Nordic market and communicate throughout Nordic business.
- Direct and manage all external agencies.
- Any other duties as assigned to the job holder within the job holders capabilities.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4+ years of experience in marketing ideally in footwear/outdoor industry.
- Self motivated, self sufficient and creative. Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution. Readiness to step in to get the job done when needed.
- Build excellent internal and external working relationships.
- Proficiency with personal computers (Photoshop/Illustrator knowledge a plus).
Work based in Gothenburg or Stockholm. Frequent travel across the Nordics and Europe and potentially seasonally to North America.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.