Operations Manager – Global Sports Brand
The role of the Operations Manager will be to drive and support operational excellence & project management brilliance across the Western Europe Publishing team. The role will support and track progress of initiatives throughout the organisation, ensuring a consistency of visibility, understanding and execution across the brand.
- Project management and Newsroom 90 Day Plan: Support WE Team on a portfolio of strategic projects and directives, ensuring countries are aligned, timelines are met and Global Newsroom objectives achieved. Ensure careful planning and ongoing monitoring and reporting of progress with key stakeholders.
- Project prioritisation: In partnership with the ME WE Newsroom, review new proposals coming to the Newsrooms and make recommendations on priority level and project ownership.
- Stakeholder management: Ensure constant communication to all relevant stakeholders, flagging roadblocks early and suggesting opportunities to overcome challenges. Participate in calls/meetings with ME, Social Strategy lead and Data Analyst.
- Create Presentations and Communication tools: With some guidance – design and drive creative ways to communicate ideas and plans for milestones meetings and key Newsroom strategies & deliverables.
- Meeting management – prepare the content for regular meetings and chair the meetings and calls
- Global Newsroom network internally – work closely with the Global Newsroom network team on initiatives to tie our external and internal efforts to win the consumer.
- Events: Support Managing Editors on all events, including logistics, budget, and presentation preparation
- Budget Management: Support ME WE Newsrooms on budget allocation, management & reporting.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven skills and capabilities in project, organisation, time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take complex concepts and visualise/articulate them in presentation form
- High level of project management experience – managing stakeholder groups, budgets and timelines
- Ability to work across and bring together multiple teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Self-starter, strong self-initiative
- Ability to lead people and projects despite reporting lines and levels
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills
- 3+ years industry or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Interest and passion for the sports industry and the future of digital publishing
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.