Partner Acquisition Manager – Aston Villa FC
Your focus will be to use research to find and develop a point of differentiation for the Club to support the acquisition process. To do this you will create and maintain a best-in-class catalogue of industry, brand and sports marketing landscape reports that will inform and truly tailor our sales approaches to all prospects that we engage with. You will also assist in the development of acquisition proposals including all supporting data, sales materials, and assisting with or owning the pitch and close process where required.
- Build business cases to demonstrate investment returns for potential partners.
- Actively contribute to the development and delivery of acquisition proposals.
- Assist in closing acquisitions.
- Internal co-operation with the Data and Insights team to help create compelling acquisition propositions through the utilisation of new and existing data sets.
- Lead identification and generation across categories.
- Preparation of decks.
- Utilise a range of tools to support the development of propositions. Research and Benchmarking
- Create and maintain thorough industry research documents to develop our understanding of any given industry.
- Create and maintain company and brand research documents.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the sales and marketing activities of prospective clients, as well as the strategic direction of their business challenges and opportunities, markets and competitors.
- Assist and inform the brand targeting process.
- Maintain an understanding of market values for assets and partnerships.
- Undertake regular benchmarking activities, with support from internal and external teams, to ensure we are competitive in the marketplace. Market Intelligence
- Perform ongoing competitor analysis.
- Maintain a strong understanding of advertising and marketing channels and technologies to understand potential clients solutions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of brand marketing and sports partnership marketplace to ensure the Club is fully informed of industry trends and well placed to maximise related opportunities.
- Develop and distribute a regular report on market developments. Other
- Line management responsibility for the Partner Business Intelligence Analyst
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which your manager or another senior officer of the Club asks you to perform.
- Support any other commercial department as required.
- To be aware of our Brand Values (Passion, Pride, Purpose) and ensure that your actions and behaviour are consistent with and champion those values at all times.
- To embrace diversity throughout the club and ensure that your behaviour demonstrates that commitment at all times by encouraging diversity and facilitating equality of opportunity in accordance with the Club’s Dignity at Work Policy in force from time to time.
- To be aware of our Company Policies and Procedures which may be updated from time to time; to ensure that your actions and behaviour are consistent with and champion the requirements of those policies and procedures at all times.
- To ensure that you have seen and are familiar with the contents of the Staff Handbook.
- Agitator, you challenge the norms to drive cultural and performance breakthroughs
- Do whatever it takes to deliver the right outcomes for the teams and the business
- Famous for making it happen – your words translate into action & results delivering visible impact, cutting through to deliver at pace
- Inspire people to go with you on this journey. You must be able to present with confidence, rigour and impact and take the wider organisation on a journey
- Examples of behaviour which demonstrate that you champion each of the Club’s values.
- Examples of behaviour which demonstrate that you encourage diversity, facilitate equality of opportunity and work in accordance with the Club’s Equality and Diversity Policy in force from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree or equivalent in a quantitative subject
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Strong process management
- Experience in consultative selling
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Excel
- Understanding and experience of other presentation software
- Understanding of how to effectively undertake competitive intelligence and market research activities
- Managed the process of a sale in a previous role/s
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail and takes responsibility for the accuracy of their work
- Proactive and a ‘self-starter’
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Accomplished multi-tasker
- Works well as part of a team
- Degree in Business, Economics or Law or equivalent Experience in partnership development
- Understanding of partnership sales process
- Experience in similar area of work in a club, sport property or agency
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business
- Desire to develop a career in the sports industry
- Knowledge of football
- Previous line management experience
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.