Chaired by Lord Sebastian Coe, CSM is one of the fastest growing sports and entertainment marketing agencies in the world. CSM is made up of three divisions of Brands, Rights, and Live and has over 1000 employees across 25 offices in 18 countries.
CSM exists to create impact by challenging convention. We do this because it produces work for our clients that is more meaningful, memorable and measurable, and now requires a Partnership Development Director, Asia to further strengthen the regional sales team.
The Partnership Development Director – Asia is responsible for executing sales and marketing strategies to develop new partnerships (sponsorships) with companies based in APAC. Reporting to Dan Parr, Director CSM Hong Kong, the primary focus of this position will be to initiate and drive new business relationships, in order to sell CSM’s assets mainly in the Football and Motorsport sectors. Success will require the ability to aggressively reach into multiple industries seeking out potential business opportunities.
- Delivering revenue through new partnerships and sponsorships
- Developing a strong business presence across APAC Increasing the attendances of prospective clients at events, exposing them to the benefits of the breadth of CSM’s reach
- Generating sales leads through maintaining and growing relationships with sport industry key players
- Target existing sponsorship opportunities where CSM can build new relationships and better leverage the sponsor’s presence
- Analyse and understand each brand’s target audiences, business objectives and strategies to better sell and highlight CSM’s capabilities.
- Identifying growth industries and sectors across the region, analysing opportunities within those sectors and developing partnership propositions that will appeal to businesses in those sectors
- Building and developing CSM’s CRM list.
- Target, build and maintain strong senior-level relationships – find the key decision makers – ensuring that CSM is viewed as the agency of choice to meet and exceed expectations.
- Providing the strategic basis for reaching out to prospective clients
- Substantial experience in a similar position with a proven record of success in an international (with specific Asian) partnership development (sales) environment, targeting a range of large companies across all sectors.
- Proven results in initiating and driving new business relationships across Asia
- Prior agency and business development experience including past success in managing brands that have made use of all marketing techniques including event, digital, brand marketing.
- Extensive database of contacts and prospective clients
- Deep understanding of the different business cultures across Asia and experience of operating in different markets in the region
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated empathy and commitment to success, along with a proven ability to manage expectations.
- Relevant language skills would be ideal.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Darran Lim – Consultant, Greater China
t: +65 6536 6634