Partnership Manager – Laureus
Laureus is a global sports-based charity that works to improve the lives of young people.
Laureus combines the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, the Laureus World Sports Academy and Ambassadors Programme and the Laureus World Sports Awards to form a unique organisation that uses the inspirational power of sport as a force for good.
Laureus has an exciting opportunity for a sports sponsorship professional, to join the Commercial Partnerships team. This role will see you working across one or more of the premium global brands, who form part of our impressive partner roster, managing the implementation of end to end rights as well as close steering on their sponsorship activation.
- Manage a portfolio of Laureus Partners, including at least one Global Partner, to deliver contractual rights as well as the activation aspects and experiential campaigns for the assigned
- Establish a strategic plan for your assigned partners which also deliver against Laureus’ overall strategic plan, including defining clear objectives and measurements of success.
- Ensure the needs of both Partners and Laureus are met and that you have a robust understanding of the Partner brands and businesses.
- Ensure that the relationship with all Partners is managed successfully, contractual rights are professionally delivered and that you constantly challenge yourself.
- Ensure that all aspects of the relationship are effectively managed.
- Ensure that all internal departments are engaged in the partnerships and provide the necessary support to deliver against Partner objectives.
- To have a solid understanding of the contractual process including excellent attention to detail, and experience in developing new business proposals.
- To develop/establish a partnership approach that focuses on quality of experience and high value client servicing of each Partner.
- To ensure that meetings, debriefs and learnings take place on a regular basis and that you remain on top of all correspondence/emails.
- To proactively engage in the departmental budgeting process and to ensure all Laureus spend is carefully managed and documented. Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure that all invoices for Suppliers or Partnership fees and payments are issued on time and promptly paid by each Partner.
- To liaise fully with the Communications team and other departments on a regular basis to ensure the widest dissemination of news and information to Partners.
- To support the team in delivering any Partner events, leading as appropriate.
- To keep abreast of all industry relevant marketing and business developments to ensure we identify and take advantage of new opportunities to generate commercial revenues.
- During events, long hours will be required. Global travel will be required from time to time.
Qualifications & Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- We’re looking for someone with experience developed within sports sponsorship.
- Excellent client servicing capabilities, with the ability to challenge and hold your own in meetings, while ensuring the best interests of all stakeholders is managed sensitively.
- Outstanding organisation skills.
- Clear understanding of the benefit of sponsorship and media returns in the broader marketing mix. Polished, professional demeanour with the confidence to present to senior level clients.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Working with a vibrant team and comfortable working with autonomy whilst providing regular updates to management.
- Highly detailed oriented and creative with a desire to go ‘over & above’ for a client
- Must be able to multi-task and stay calm in stressful situations
- Excellent people and problem solving skills required
- Articulate in both written and spoken word
- Independent and diligent whilst working under supervision
- Highly motivated and team player
- Candidates need to have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and effectively manage multiple internal and external stakeholders who may have competing priorities
- Passion for sport and a confidence and real appetite to embrace an inspirational sport for good culture
- Candidates must have proven experience in supporting B2B & B2C sponsorship activations, either from agency or in-house
- Excellent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- English fluent verbal and written
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in language/s (not essential): Japanese, German, French
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.