The Virgin Australia Supercars Championship is widely regarded as one of the best and most entertaining motorsport categories in the world. We are the third most attended and fourth most watched sport in Australia; and growing at a rapid pace.
We continue to evolve, driven by the passion of our fans as well as the strong desire to continue to grow. To grow our reach, attendance, our audience and our fan base.
Our truly national footprint covers the entire country with races in each state and the Northern Territory across the year.
Clipsal 500 Adelaide, the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, the Castrol EDGE Townsville 400, the Castrol Gold Coast 600 and the Coates Hire Newcastle 500, all of which are internationally acclaimed.
These events are consistently the largest in each respective state with crowds averaging well in excess of 160,000. In almost all cases, Supercars events are the largest single event in each state of Australia.
Internationally, Supercars enjoys a growing global audience and is uniquely associated with big grids, close racing, vibrant entertainment and spectator appeal.
In Australia, all Supercars events are broadcast live and in high definition on Fox Sports, with marquee events being simulcast on Channel Ten. Internationally, Supercars is broadcast into 137 countries with a potential reach of 300 million households around the world.
Generate income opportunities for Supercars through three key revenue pillars of the sport including:
- Series (Championship)
Identify new opportunities for the sport that can supplement existing revenue opportunities of the business, while building strong multi-tiered relationships for the sport. The primary focus for this role will be developing and delivering a range of bespoke partnership solutions to the corporate market that may include a range of key assets from the sport. Whilst this role will be focused on partnership solutions it may require from time to time to be focused on filling the event gaps in revenue from a signage, activations, ideas and hospitality perspective.
- Reporting regularly to the General Manager – Commercial on all sales activities.
- Preparation of draft sponsorship/supply contracts for approval/finalisation/amendment by Supercar’s legal counsel.
- Assisting in the contracting process by ensuring a detailed and simple filing system for all sponsorship/supply contracts.
- In conjunction with General Manager – Commercial, develop integrated partner sales plans and budgets (including expenses) for the season, covering championship, events and digital.
- Execute sales plans across the lines of business to the agreed budget and targets
- New client focuses across a broad range of opportunities and deals from $20k – $2m.
- Develop and manage partnership sales plans and budgets to ensure the business is achieving all revenue targets.
- In conjunction with Legal manage the contracting process and take responsibility for the delivery of all Supercars contractual commitments and compliance by the sponsor including payment.
- Maintain a database of potential commercial partners and monitor the business activities of current and potential partners.
- Develop strategies to design and deliver value propositions to our commercial partners to ensure Supercars is focussed on delivering the best outcome for the partnership.
- Work with the senior management team to achieve and maintain productive, progressive and harmonious relationships with all stakeholders
- Drive and creating of short term sales opportunities leading into each individual Event.
- Develop and manage the signage sales program at all our evens including managing an appointed signage sales agency
- Seek appropriate partners to secure a range of signage assets at our events including a range of physical and virtual signage
- Work with rights holders and teams to ensure full exploitation of all opportunities for Supercars in the media space.
- Assisting the General Manager – Commercial with the sourcing of new suppliers/corporate hospitality clients for the events managed by Supercars
- Develop and execute business plans to maximise opportunities.
Skills & Experience Required
- An accomplished track record of achieving business growth. An ability, maturity, and gravitas to hold negotiations at a senior level for significant sized deals.
- Passionate about delivering revenue objectives, actively searches for business development opportunities, ambitious both personally and on behalf of the company
- Experience developing a commercial brand and leading sales at an executive level.
- Experience creating strategic brand objective led solutions for clients
- Proven track record, at a “Head of” level of developing, implementing and measuring sales activity to drive a brands revenue
- Experience in planning and delivering services to tight deadlines/ budgets.
- A passion or empathy with sport, entertainment and motorsport
- Ability and willingness to work within an achievement focused sales team.
- Established track record of proactive selling to agencies and/or clients direct.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism, and strong communication skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Highly organised and capable of multi-tasking and time management
- Strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work with employees at all levels in the organisation
- Highly developed presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Independent drive and focus.
An Ability to travel extensive interstate, together with weekend and evening work.