Partnership Sales Manager, China – City Football Group
CITY FOOTBALL GROUP
Founded in 2014, The City Football Group is the holding company established to oversee the creation and administration of a network of linked clubs and other footballing operations under the aegis of Manchester City.
The Commercial function of City Football Marketing encompasses the areas of Partnerships Sales and Partnerships Activation. Its primary objective is to drive increasing commercial revenues to support the growth of all City Football Group CFG properties, including Manchester City Football Club, New York City Football Club, Melbourne City Football Club, Manchester City Women’s Football Club and the Yokohama F. Marinos. The APAC team is split between Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, Melbourne and London, the Americas division is based in New York and the EMEA division is based in London and Abu Dhabi.
The Partnership Sales Manager China, will be responsible for driving the acquisition of regional, pan regional and global partners for City Football Group properties from China & Hong Kong in order to underpin continual revenue growth from the region with best in class partners who grow our respective club brands. This role will have to lead group sales activities across China & Hong Kong to achieve stretching sales targets whilst working closely with the Head of Partnership Sales APAC and the global CFM sales network to support global success.
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the market dynamics in China & Hong Kong in order to identify commercial prospects to develop a robust pipeline of partnership prospects in-line with the centrally agreed City Football Marketing (CFM) sales strategy.
- Effectively plan and work towards the achievement of individual and team budget targets as set by the Head of Partnership Sales (APAC) and the VP. Director of Partnerships (APAC).
- Work closely with the other Sales Managers to ensure consistency of messaging, asset construction, pricing, prospect approach and partnership hierarchy across the broader APAC region and to leverage synergy to drive regional opportunities into pan-regional and/or global partnerships where relevant.
- Development of sales presentations, compelling sales propositions and negotiate partnership agreements with partners that maximise revenue and profitability for City Football Group properties.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships across the sports marketing industry in China, including but not limited to: brands, football clubs, football federations, sports marketing agencies, advertising agencies, Media and PR companies.
- Work closely with the Regional Director and Head of Marketing of City Football China to be aware of in market activities to be used as sales assets.
- Lead and guide the Partnership Sales Executive China to maximise sales efforts in China
- Share sales updates constantly on CFG’s CRM platform as well as weekly, bi-weekly & monthly update sessions
- Maintain an excellent understanding of and working relationships with City Football Group operations including City Football Services, City Football Foundation, Group Marketing and others to support their initiatives and activities in China.
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of City Football Group at all times.
- Compliance with CFG and CFM policies.
- Compliance with the CFG and CFM health and safety procedures.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
- To maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Fluent in Chinese & English (speaking & writing)
- Sophisticated presentation skills in order to articulate CFG story and CFM commercial platform to partners and prospects.
- Strong team ethic and collaborative nature – confident managing multiple stakeholders.
- Well organised with consistent attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient and proactive.
- Creative approach to sales and dogged determination through the sales cycle.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment.
- Broad commercial acumen.
- Familiarity with regional landscape (culture and business).
- Proven track record of representing premium rights holders to deliver material revenue growth, year on year.
- Sound knowledge of the global and regional/local football landscape.
- Familiarity with sports/football sponsorship contracts and effective partnership programmes.
- High-level skills in all aspects of sales prospecting, presentation and contract negotiation.
- Experience in a rights-holder/club environment.
- Competent in standard Microsoft Programmes (Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and CRM
- High Level Education (UK University 2:1 equivalent or higher)
- Head of Partnership Sales (APAC) – critical working relationship to deliver sales from China, exploit networks and relationships to hit targets.
- Regional Director China – second reporting line, awareness of overall China strategy and in-market activities and plans
- City Football China team members including marketing & football staff, constant communication to be updated on activities
- Head of Partnership Marketing (APAC) – ideation, partner renewals, case study creation.
- Partnership Sales Managers – being aligned on communication, collaboration, consistency of approach, best practice, lead generation.
- Partnership Marketing Managers – collaborate, consistent exchange and assistance on upsell / renewals across the region.
- Business Intelligence & Strategy team members – pipeline development, BI, design.
- Partnership Operations team members – assets, activation, operations.
- Ideation & Strategy team members – ideation, campaign creation, new assets.
- Legal Counsel & Finance – agency agreements and partnership agreements.
- Other CFG members as and when
- Key agencies/agents in respective markets.
- Company owners, CEO’s & CMO’s of prospective & current partners.
- Head of Sponsorship.
- Sponsorship/Marketing Managers.
- Travel agency for trip itinerary
For a confidential discussion please contact:
Zhaolong Liang, Consultant, China
M: +86 173 0126 8683 E: email@example.com
Bo Shang, Researcher, China
M:+86 189 1025 1737 E: firstname.lastname@example.org