Partnerships Sales Manager – Leeds United
Leeds United are a professional football club based in West Yorkshire whose home ground is Elland Road. They are an ambitious Championship club who under new ownership and guidance are looking to build on previous successes both on and off the field.
To identify and secure new commercial partnerships for the Club.
To grow new business and partnerships to ensure that the Club, is delivering on obligations and further developing relationships.
Partnership Sales and Account Management
- Work with the Head of Commercial to identify, stimulate interest in and ultimately secure targeted commercial partnerships for the club through hands-on business development activity.
- Management of and responsibility for all aspects of partner relationship management and sponsors activities including a comprehensive understanding of all implications of their individual contracts.
- To provide guidance to the marketing team regarding the implementation and delivery of core sponsorship rights, including but not limited to, stadium branding, interview backdrops, perimeter advertising boards, digital rights , programme advertising, match tickets, match day hospitality and stadium tours.
- Work with the Partnership Activation team to ensure that departmental plans are fully aligned and complementary.
- Organise, attend and document regular review meetings with commercial partners. Monitor sponsor activations and inventory delivery.
- Work with the Commercial team to develop a structured and credible research programme for each of the Club’s commercial partners.
- Maintain, build and maximise relationships with new and existing clients.
- Contribute to the renewal process of commercial clients contracts.
- Following successful partner negotiations work with the clubs legal and finance departments to secure and embed robust commercial agreements.
- In line with the annualised partner acquisition plan, develop and maintain a strong network of commercial agency and brand contacts. Through this network continually promote Leeds United partnership opportunities.
- Work with the Commercial Sales Team to design and continually upgrade partnership collateral ensuring that all Leeds United commercial presentations are bespoke and accurately reflect the partner motivations of targeted commercial brands.
- Work with the clubs Heads of Commercial , Ticketing and Stadium Operations ensuring that match day partner rights are effectively and efficiently planned for prior to contract signature.
- Work with the Head of Media and Communications to ensure that prior to signature all commercial contracts are deliverable within the clubs activation plans and will maximise the clubs partnership image and impact.
- Effectively manage the transitional process between partner acquisition and partner activation, ensuring that this is seamless and provides a best in class reflection of the club.
- To work closely with the Marketing team to develop appropriate marketing strategies for key partners.
- Support the Marketing and Communications departments with the implementation of a commercial acquisition PR plan in order to raise awareness, credibility and interest in Leeds United:
- Amongst high profile commercial brands
- Within targeted geographic areas
- Amongst domestic commercial agencies
- Within targeted product categories
- To provide timely and accurate information to the marketing team to enable them to execute the marketing strategies effectively.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the relevant partnership records, ensuring they are accurate and up to date records (paper based and electronic) set out in a standard format.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports for each partner as required.
- Ensure account plans for each partner are updated on-going with all necessary current and relevant information concerning the partner.
- Project manage activities; developing timetables and set deadlines for partners.
Match Day Responsibilities
- To organise and co-ordinate match day activities, visits for competition winners, host and present pre-match tours.
- Liaise with partners, sponsors and new business opportunity contacts as required.
- Understand the commitments of the Club to the English Football League , Title Sponsors and Associate Partners and assist in delivery of these rights.
- Ensure you manage expectations of all stakeholders by communicating through meetings, verbal, written and email forms.
- Maintain confidentiality in all dealings.
- Maintain product/departmental knowledge on the full range of goods and services provided by the Club.
- Advise appropriate management of any circumstances likely to cause delay, failure or loss of delivery, quality or income as soon as detected.
- Maintain knowledge of Company policies, procedures and processes.
- Participate in departmental and wider Club meetings as required.
- Take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfill the role.
- Encourage and promote the values of Leeds United Football Club and to comply with the required standards of conduct and so promote the Club within the community by acting with integrity and honesty.
- Promote, adhere to and implement the Clubs Equality and Diversity Policy and to work consistently to embed equality and diversity within Club.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a priority basis, and work meets a high degree of professionalism, quality and craftsmanship.
- To attend training courses and external seminars and meetings as appropriate/required.To be aware of current trends and best practice in your field of specialism.
- To continually look for ways to develop and improve the service provision of the department.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who places high value on attention to detail.
- Strong sales presenter and competent sales closer.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate / accessible and organised documentation.
- An ability to adapt quickly, be flexible in the face of change and solution orientated.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and with internal and external teams.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills –with an ability to anticipate and prioritise diverse workload.
- Ability to effectively manage customer & staff relationships, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations.
- Highly Computer literate (with excellent abilities on Word, Excel and ideally Database knowledge and application).
- Demonstrable track record of sponsorship sales success in a Business to Business environment.
- Experience in managing project’s campaigns, co-ordinating activities, organising events developing timetables and setting deadlines in order to achieve client objectives.
- A good understanding of what it takes to maintain and develop the most productive client relationships.
- Experience of liaising with internal and external clients and stakeholders at a senior management level.
- Experience of managing accounts and relationships for multiple clients.
- Experience of working in the sports industry would be advantageous.
- Proven sales success while working from a rights holder or agency perspective.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, creative and innovative.
- Sales oriented and someone who loves selling.
- Good team player who can work equally well on own initiative.
- Sense of humour and strong sense of team spirit.
- Willingness to embrace and manage change.
- Proactive “can-do” approach to work.
We are recruiting for multiple roles for Leeds United. To see the full list of vacancies at the club, please click here.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.