PR Executive – Leeds United FC
Leeds United are a professional football club based in West Yorkshire whose home ground is Elland Road. They are an ambitious Championship club who under new ownership and guidance are looking to build on previous successes both on and off the field.
Following a period of growth, Leeds United Football Club is recruiting a Public Relations Executive to support the Club’s positive public profile through generating, planning and delivering effective, engaging PR opportunities that highlight the Club’s wider commercial, community and charitable activities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills and an ability to build profitable, long-term relationships both with colleagues and members of the media.
- To establish and maintain strong, professional relationships between the club and the local, regional, national and international media.
- To broaden the Club’s PR reach through engaging new, targeted, specialist media outlets that can more effectively promote the Club’s good work in specified fields.
- To use the club’s assets and talent, particularly its players, to generate positive coverage of the Club’s commercial, community and charitable activities, adding value to the Club’s relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- To work with relevant departments within the Club to identify and plan effective, creative PR opportunities that fit with the Club’s commercial, community and charitable goals.
- To work with the Content team within the Media Department to develop creative internal and external PR opportunities that will make the Club a market-leader in non-football PR activation.
- To write and delivery appropriate briefs to ensure that all assets and talent are adequately prepared for all relevant PR opportunities so that their involvement can be maximised.
- To reasonably contribute to the club’s in-house content platforms as is necessary or requested, particularly around the time of major events.
- To work with the club’s Media Relations Officer to explore opportunities to combine players’ contractual, football media obligations with positive PR opportunities that highlight the club’s work in commercial, community and charitable fields.
- Manage the communications and create PR opportunities for Leeds United Foundation
- Manage the communications and create PR opportunities for the Leeds United Ladies Team
- Support the generation of content for the Leeds United first team and academy teams
- Support the Head of Communications with media related events
Qualifications & Skills
- At least two years of experience in a press office environment with experience of managing media contacts and proactive PR activation.
- Excellent organisational skills and the agility to adapt to changing circumstances at short notice.
- An acute understanding of the modern media landscape, including the influence of digital and social media.
- An understanding of commercial relationships and how to effectively service the needs of Club partners.
- Outstanding, creative and accurate copywriting skills and proof-reading experience.
- A creative, open-minded approach to work.
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Competence in IT, including the use of standard Microsoft Office programmes.
- An awareness and experience of social networking on behalf of a company, including Facebook/Twitter/You Tube/Instagram and Snapchat.
- Proficiency with foreign language/s would be advantageous but by no means essential.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.