PR Executive – Premiership Football Club
Our client is a world famous football club based in London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success.
The Club is seeking an enthusiastic PR Executive whose role will be to help raise the profile of the good work the Club carries out off of the pitch with a particular focus on its charitable and community work, through the use of creative campaigns aimed at engaging key stakeholder groups.
The successful candidate would assist and deliver on major Club PR projects, with the aims of engaging and growing the existing fan base both at home and abroad; taking the Club into new and diverse media spaces; supporting key charity partners and supporting the objectives of the marketing and commercial operation at the Club.
The successful candidate will be required to work at numerous First Team home matches, often at weekends, so a flexible individual is sought.
- Generate creative ideas for campaigns aimed at delivering on a variety of Club PR objectives
- Ensure regular involvement from the Club’s players, management and Ambassadors across the Club’s off-field work, taking responsibility for organising events and appearances on a regular basis in order to provide media opportunities
- Establish relationships with key national/international, regional/local, consumer and trade media to be able to generate impactful and regular coverage of the Club
- Work with other members of the Club’s communications team to ensure online and offline Club channels are incorporated within any PR strategy, (to include the official Club website, TV, home matchday programmes and all social media accounts i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
Qualifications & Skills
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and persuade, exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Confident and outgoing
- Well presented, with a high level of integrity, discretion and maturity
- Educated to degree level in Media, Communications and Journalism or a graduate with the equivalent in industry experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a PR role (in-house or agency)
- Ability to write high quality press releases and news stories for publication on official club channels
- Experience in working with photographic and video journalism
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.