Precor is one of the world’s leading gym equipment suppliers.
As well as providing high quality fitness experiences, Precor also provides support services which ensure that they are with you every step of the way. With Precor as your gym equipment supplier you have the assurance that you will have assistance with everything from pre-sales to after-sales support, including facility design, member attraction initiatives, flexible financing options and unbeatable service.
This combination of premium product and industry-leading service perhaps explains why Precor are gym equipment suppliers to an extremely wide range of fitness facilities and individual exercisers, in over 90 countries across the world.
The PRECOR Sales & Marketing Director for Australia heads the commercial team across Australia to achieve pipeline, sales and profitability targets.
The role involves:
- Leadership & Team Management: Provides leadership, direct line management & development for the field and office based teams e.g. coaching, performance appraisals, recruitment, motivation, attitude & customer focus.
- Results: Responsible for the delivery of Net Sales, GM% and Local EBIT
- Account relationships and Negotiation: Supports team on larger opportunities/tenders
- Sales Force Metrics: Accountable for the delivery of overall Team KPIs, accurately maintains the Salesforce.com database and uses Saleforce.com to manage the performance of the team
- Tender process: Is accountable for an efficient, effective tender process
- Sales & Marketing Plan: Development & implementing the Sales & Marketing plan for PRECOR AUS.
- Industry & Key Account relationships: Represents PRECOR in top-to-top Key Account meetings, develop the reputation of PRECOR in AUS with potential customers & position the brand within the competitive landscape
- Strategy Development: Develops the medium term 3 year strategic plan for the brand in accordance with the Global Strategy to deliver sustainable profitable growth.
- Budgeting/Planning: working in close collaboration with the Regional Commercial Director, Country Manager, relevant Global contacts.
- Operational performance: As the “First line of Sales”: Working hand in hand with the operations team to improve the operational performance of the business covering Customer Service, Delivery, Installation and Service.
- Accountable for the creation, development and utilisation of marketing leads from a variety of different mediums: Trade show / telephone / Digital.
Key Performance Indicators
- Net Sales, GM%, Local EBIT%
- Delivery of Commercial Fundamentals (calls per day, new business, marketing leads)
- Support the achievement of zone/country targets
- Local Opex (S&D, G&A, A&P)
Desired Working Experience
- 5+ direct sales experience and experience of running a significant capital goods sales team
- Knowledge of private, local authority & corporate leisure structures is desirable
- Successfully management within a matrix organisation is desirable
- Experience within the fitness industry with a necessary understanding of products
- Experience of both Account Management/Selling and Operations is desirable
- Leading & supervising
- Adhering to principles & values
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Entrepreneurial & commercial thinking
- Persuading & influencing
- Process development, measurement and management
- Bachelors or Masters degree in business relevant field or equivalent and/or relevant corporate / industry experience
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in good English is a must
SRi is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and entertainment.
For a confidential discussion about the role, contact:
Mobile +61 (0)478 803 255
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Resumes and cover-letters must be sent in a Word format.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.