Built from a passion for adventure, cycling and the outdoors, our client produces ultralight rackless packing systems to enable cyclists to travel farther, faster and more comfortably. Their commitment to producing high quality, thoughtfully designed products has made them the leading choice in lightweight cycling packs.
Led by a team of passionate cyclists, our client is seeking a highly motivated Product Designer to support its growth. Working under the direction of the Head of Product Design & Development, and closely with the team, ambassadors and suppliers, the individual will combine technical innovation, design knowledge, creativity and attention to detail to support the design and development team in continuing to set new standards in this exciting field.
- Assist and support the Head of Design throughout the design process on creative projects
- Create products in accordance with specific market needs ensuring technical and commercial feasibility of designs, and meeting product creation timelines.
- Interacting with manufacturing partners and overseeing the prototyping and manufacturing process.
- Working alongside product developers and sample makers in their Innovation Lab to solve design challenges.
- Generating innovative product concepts in line with the companies design philosophy and quality standards.
- Identifying, researching and sourcing new fabrics, materials and production processes.
- Collaborate with the wider team to ensure alignment with the company philosophy, brand positioning and maximise commercial opportunities
Qualifications & Skills
- 3-5 years’ work experience in accessories, hard goods and/or luggage design
- Global outlook towards marketing, performance and lifestyle trends
- Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team player
- Self-starter with a pro-active approach to work and the ability to work independently
- A creative eye and the ability to design outside the box, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Interest, energy and flexibility to work in the fast-paced environment of a growing business and wear multiple hats.
- A degree in industrial design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in outdoor sporting goods design.
- Full literacy in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience with bikepacking or cycle touring and the passion to become an expert in this area are essential.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the UK.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.