Professional Tennis Team Lead – ITF (12 month contract)
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. With its main office in Roehampton, it is one of the few truly global sports with 205 member nations. Its key objectives are to:
- grow and develop the sport worldwide
- develop the game at all levels and all players
- promote its International Team and Individual events throughout the World
- ensure that the rules and integrity of the game are upheld at all times
Its main commercial activity is the organisation of the International Team competitions within tennis -The Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but also the management of tournaments below the ATP and WTA tour level and also the general administration of the game and communication.
- Work with the Managers to manage ITF Professional Tennis activities, including ITF Pro Circuit tournaments, preparations for the forthcoming Transition Tour (due for launch in 2019), and other Player Pathway activities.
- Work with the Managers to facilitate the implementation of agreed strategies for Professional Tennis activities and liaise with relevant Committees, National Associations and the Professional Tennis community as required.
- Assist the Managers to manage, develop and monitor: the day-to-day operation of the Circuit and Tour; Circuit and Tour ICT programmes (tournament results, ranking, database, player online entry system); Circuit and Tour support programmes (player welfare and player education); professional tennis development activity (grow professional tennis worldwide); professional tennis budgets.
- Monitor, uphold and implement the Professional Tennis Regulations and Code of Conduct.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities (Grand Slams, Regional and National Associations) to ensure the ITF’s Professional Tennis interests are professionally represented.
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of major ITF events and attend Professional Tennis competitions and other ITF Circuits events as required.
- Assist the Managers to monitor, develop, support and appraise department personnel, providing leadership, guidance, interpretation and implementation of strategy and ongoing review of performance.
- Work with other ITF departments and personnel, including but not limited to:
- Legal – to provide consultative briefings relevant to the Regulations, Code of Conduct, Eligibility and other issues as required;
- Development – to drive the development of Professional Tennis worldwide
- ICT – to ensure efficient and effective systems are implemented for players, National Associations and for internal administration;
- Finance – to ensure efficient and effective budgeting and collection of monies due;
- Commercial – to assist, as required, with the creation of an effective commercial strategy to better promote the Circuit’s and Tour’s activity to prospective sponsors.
- Coordinate with the Managers to ensure all Committees are properly informed and consulted. Help implement the strategic and operational goals set by the Committees.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the ITF through the preparation and presentation of strategy documents to Committees and the Board, as requested.
- Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required by the Managers or Executive Director.
Qualifications & Skills
- The post-holder is expected to demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skill and experience in sport governance, player education, internal and external committees, rules and regulations, information technology etc.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills are important, as are project management, leadership and the ability to manage relationships within a team and aid personal development of staff members.
- Applicants should be fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s) are desirable but not essential.
- Lunch is provided by the ITF (up to £7 per day) at on-site facilities 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare, group personal pension scheme and life assurance
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.