Recreational Sales Manager (Outdoor & Watch)
Reporting into the UK Sales Director your role will be to develop and manage the recreation business within Garmin’s Outdoor & Watch business in line with UK strategy. Ensure all departments are engaged, supported and motivated to maximize sales and profit potential in existing and new markets.
- Develop and implement sales strategies using category intelligence to drive the UK business through current and potential channels.
- Develop strategy to utilise individual customer co-operative marketing budgets.
- Communicate sales strategy and promotional requirements to product marketing and marketing communications.
- Deliver on the below objectives:
- Accurate forecasting of financial performance by account
- Delivery against specified sales and profit targets
- Create, negotiate and implement collaborative and profitable joint business plans where required
- Primary relationship owner with appropriate contact
- Develop and implement customer promotional plans in line with UK strategy
- Negotiate trading terms
- Develop training and merchandising plans
- Regularly reporting on performance to senior team and wider business when necessary.
- Continually using competitor, commercial and category knowledge review performance and create strategies to maximise business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key senior contacts within current and potential channels including distributors and retailers.
- Support wider team with key negotiations on current and new business.
- Research and recommend opportunities for new products, marketing campaigns and other business opportunities to sales team.
- Work with internal departments to drive best practice and deliver on the key objectives.
- Attend appropriate trade and retail events
- Any other duties as required by UK Sales Director
Qualifications & Skills
- Sales & Marketing experience ideally but not exclusively from the consumer electronics, sports and outdoor market.
- An interest in the Outdoors would be ideal
- Team player and used to working in a dynamic and fast growing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and relationship building/maintain skills
- Full driving license
- Ability to travel on business domestically and internationally
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.