Retail Marketing Manager – A Global Sports Technology Brand
Our client, a Global Sports Technology Brand, is looking for a Retail Marketing Manager to join their team. Their role will involve developing and managing the company’s brand position and presence in UK and Ireland, for all categories, through trade partnerships with Specialist retailers. They will be responsible for strategic planning and optimisation of campaigns and promotions across online channels and in store marketing communications, retailer specific events and co-funded marketing investment to support key launches and drive category growth.
- Day to day trade marketing management of Specialist accounts, including marketing lead for key distributors (all categories) and associated event planning (all Specialist accounts)
- Ensure the companies brand is represented at retail level adhering to corporate guidelines and overall sales and marketing strategies
- Drive co-branded brand building activity with retailer partners including management of related events, co-funded PR activity and media advertising
- Work with Head of Marketing to set relevant trade marketing objectives for UK and Ireland markets. Implement innovative activities to grow revenue and market share in line with business objectives.
- Responsible for delivery of the companies retail marketing plans aligned with new product launches, overall business strategy and objectives.
- Create, implement and manage joint marketing plans with key Specialist retail partners to meet business objectives, and achieve best ROI.
- Day to day coordination and maximisation of co-op campaigns – implementation and communication of results to marketing leaders and/or dealers and distributors.
- Work with Head of Marketing to ensure a clear commercial rationale for all activity. Report monthly on the ROI for retail performance by channel
- Lead retail innovation for our client across UK and Ireland within Specialist accounts.
- Develop strong business and marketing relationships with all Specialist retailers
- Drive traffic and conversion by working with retail partners to create and optimise customer journey plans
- Timely delivery of in-store and online campaigns through application of best practice merchandising principles
- Work with EMEA team to plan and execute local point of sale requirements whilst leveraging the global model
- Management of local retail and production agencies
- Lead and motivate Channel Marketing Associate (Intern) to generate ‘best-in-class’ activation and in-store communication through point-of-sale material (generic and customised) for key Specialist retail partners.
- Oversee regular communication to the companies field sales team regarding POS updates and key activation
- Regular reviews with SAMs, Field Sales Team, store staff and key account stakeholders to maximise effectiveness of the retail channel marketing initiatives
- Control of annual Specialist retail marketing budget – ensuring retail channel marketing team are saving costs wherever possible, maximising value for money, assessing ROI.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Support sales team in the development of existing Specialist channels and attend weekly Specialist sales meetings
- Represent retail marketing at key internal meetings (e.g. proposition GTM sessions) for optimum execution
- Hold regular project meetings with key stakeholders to align marketing with sales and product management functions
- Provide monthly activity reports to Head of Marketing, including ROI reports for key retail activations
- Have a thorough knowledge of all point of sale collateral, optimising and improving as necessary
- Maintain a level of professional knowledge of marketing options available to our client
- Maintain user expertise in the operations of all relevant products
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong knowledge of marketing communications
- Good understanding of and/or willingness to learn of the Brands relevant product categories
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic, Marketing and/or Communications or equivalent experience
- Experience in a trade marketing or specialist retail environment
- Experience and passion in delivering ROI whilst championing brand values and customer experience
- 3+ years of experience in agency management
- Good track record of people management skills
- Superior organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker and goal driven
- Capable of working autonomously
- Detail oriented with excellent administrative skills
- Presentation and negotiating skills
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Flexible, hands-on approach to business
- Budget management skills
- Project management skills
- Flexibility to travel
WORKING WITH DATA & INFORMATION
- Gathering & analysing information
- Decision making
WORKING WITH PEOPLE
- Managing relationships & Networking
- Teamworking, Coaching & Guiding
- Communicating, Influencing & Networking
- Planning & organising
- Deadline Management
- Objective setting
DEVELOPING THE BUSINESS
- Generating & building on new ideas
- Personal development
- Customer Focused
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.