Sales & Commercial Manager – Suunto
Amer Sports Australia is member of the Amer Sports Group which is a global sporting goods company with a portfolio of internationally recognised brands including Wilson, Salomon, Atomic, Arc’teryx, Suunto and Precor.
The company is located in the south of Melbourne and is currently going through an exciting transformation phase with e-commerce, own retail, new ERP and new business premises. There is a ruthless focus on the consumer, winning online and working with our key customers to develop mutually beneficial long term relationships. You will join a dynamic and innovative and winning team that is actively driving this business transformation.
The Sales & Commercial Manager manages the Suunto brand in the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) market and has ownership of the P&L and the commercial plan.
The role is responsible for the selling of the Suunto brand directly to major metro trade doors in Australia and other larger key customers along with managing the NZ distributor for the brand.
Main Responsibility Areas
To achive long term commercial sucsess for Suunto brand through:
- Brand equity: Adapt global brand assets to build strong equity in the local ANZ market.
- Consumer offers: Agree relevant and compelling consumer concepts and cross-functional solutions in partnership with marketing, merchandising and sales teams.
- Understanding the ‘wearables’ (smart watch / sports watch / activity tracker) competitive landscape in ANZ and using this intelligence to build compelling sales arguments.
- Working with regional and global teams to determine relevant local ANZ focus. Supporting field and strategic accounts sales teams as well as working closely with Marketing and E-Commerce functions.
Achieve business success through:
- Leading and owning the brand’s annual financial budget and forecast. Identifying opportunities and risks, proactively seek solutions to gap closing and reviews resource efficiency. Focus on Net sales, Gross Margin and brand local EBIT.
- Owning the seasonal Commercial Plan (consumer concepts, brand-to-consumer calendar, merchandising initiatives, distribution plan and suggested scheduled field and other strategic account sales activities).
- Detailed product understanding ensuring positive impact and credibility to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Achieve local business KPI’s around profitability, Working Capital, Distribution, Sell-Thru and consumer engagement.
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer electronics market and the role that the different brands and retailers play in the wearable’s category.
- Wearable’s category experience in the on-line marketplace, direct E-com, etailers and bricks & mortar.
- Relevant experience in sales, buying or retailing, preferably in the consumer electronics and online retail environment.
- Evidence of successful management within a matrix organisation.
- Development, execution and negotiation of agreements and business plans with customers or relevant stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate outstanding consumer understanding and evidence of delivering against the needs of shopping in different channels and with different retailers.
- Line and people management experience.
- Understands and has an interest in the sport of DIVING.
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred but not essential.
- Formal trained in either Sales and/or Buying.
- Planning & Preparation
- Analytical skills & Problem Solving
- Technically savvy
- Business and financial acumen
- Sell-in and sell thru management
- Stakeholder and relationship management
- High level of emotional intelligence
SRi is a global executive search and consulting firm focused on sport, media, entertainment and technology.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
AMERSPORTS Australia will consider flexible working requests in order to capture and retain the best talent in the marketplace.
How to Apply
To apply, the candidates should send the following:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae in Word format
Please contact Josie Lahey, Partner at email@example.com
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.
Only those candidates with the right to work in Australia please apply.