Sales & Planning Manager
Our client was founded in the 1930’s by the current CEO’s grandparents, starting life as a small shoe business it has grown into the UK’s leading global brand management group in sports, outdoor and fashion.
They were recognised as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work® in 2012 and employ 2000 people across 13 countries. Their culture is people centered, and the work environment reflects and supports this. They believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability – generation after generation.
This position will require an experienced Customer Account Manager with a proven track record of delivering results, strong analytical skills and delivering propositions in line with brand guidelines.
This role will work as part of the brand team to ensure that there is commercial input into every stage of the brand planning process. Ultimately deploying retailer and shopper focussed plans to the customer teams. You will implement and sustain the Integrated Business Planning process to improve sales and profitability across key retailers and markets globally.
Key to success in this position is the ability to work collaboratively with a multi-functional team to execute the business’s strategy, yielding improved value/experience for our customers and enhanced revenue/margin growth for the business.
- Work with the brand team and Head of Sales & Planning to ensure customer targets deliver the brand building blocks and SBP targets.
- Work with the customer teams to understand issues and opportunities (eg. Competitor launches, market pricing,). Feed into the process that allows customer requirements to be captured early into the brand planning process.
- Work with the brand team to prioritise initiatives by channel and define KPIs (eg. Distribution, turnover, space). Partner with the brand team to ensure the sales team have the toolkit to execute the strategic initiatives & OGSM. Track the delivery of initiatives versus KPIs.
- Work with the customer teams to identify the focus category drivers to ensure they win at point of purchase. Track focus category drivers and provide recommendations to fix any outages.
- Work with the Head of Sales & Planning to deploy the strategic initiatives to customer teams. Defining success measures and toolkit needed.
- Lead the brand IBP cross-functional business reviews. Ensure interface with the demand and finance teams for appropriate volume forecasts (mid and long term); ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business and financial objectives.
- Drive the use of data within the commercial function. Ensure that data and insight is used to identify commercial opportunities and that this is used to influence the brand planning process.
- Embed the Sales & Planning function within the company to enable the transformation of the customer function. Identify and share best practice case studies, modelling systems & processes to enable a more effective & efficient data driven organisation.
- Ensure customer JBPs are consistent with the business priorities and deliver against key objectives.
Qualifications & Skills
Needs to have
- Proven and successful customer account manager.
- Experience in forecasting, gap filling and working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to input in value propositions to ensure they differentiate our client from competitors
- Strong planning & organising skills
- Analytically driven, using data to generate insight to form robust plans.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills enabling delivery through other people.
Needs to be
- Role model account manager.
- Passion for delivering results
- High tenacity
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Analytical & data driven
- Be passionate about our client, products and talent, driving collaboration across sites, brands and regions
- Strong communicator & able to translate strategy into action.
Measures of success
- Brand initiative plan executed in market in line with KPIs.
- Embed Sales & Planning approach into the brand.
- Proactive gap planning to deliver a financial plan.
- Commercial OGSM targets.
- POP execution & availability.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.