Senior Commercial Sales Manager, Oceania – IRONMAN
- Main responsibility and accountability will be to develop Sponsorship opportunities & sales of all new revenue generation across IRONMAN partnerships in Australia.
- Identify and develop new sponsorship opportunities & sales throughout all existing and prospective IRONMAN assets and work with sales team to up-sell current sponsorships and suite holders across new properties.
- Deliver new business relationships/revenue across assets, through packaged partnerships and/or selling individual assets based on the client’s goals and objectives.
- To have, build and maintain an Australian database of sponsorship contacts at the highest decision making level.
- Manage an individual target which will be set on annual basis and be split between personal revenue goals and those of the department.
- Deliver maximum revenues from new clients and negotiate long term contracts in line with agreed targets and strategy for all Oceania Assets.
- Deliver sponsorship related revenues from cold calling, industry contacts or other IRONMAN contacts into contracted revenues for IRONMAN assets & significantly increase long-term commercial sponsorship revenues for IRONMAN.
- Build, develop and maintain strong network with all ‘C’ level executives within major brands and sponsors on a global basis. Be prominent on LinkedIn and other digital tools to help build the profile of Ironman and build a commercial network.
- To work with the sales team in coordinating and developing a group wide sales database to aid sales and reporting information.
- Prepare and present proposals to senior company board members, follow up and close the sale. The candidate must be able to create world class sales materials, and lead business pitches to CEO’s and Senior Level decision makers.
- Provide and promote the highest level of customer service.
- Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance.
- Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood.
- Lead the team to ensure weekly accurate sales and pipeline reporting is completed on time, and fed back to the Head of Partnerships / Ironman Oceania MD.
- Hosting potential new business clients at all major events within the Oceania portfolio.
- To be successful in this role we are looking for an exceptionally talented and self-driven senior sales person with a long and proven track record of having sold six and seven figure sponsorship or partnership deals.
- Candidates will be expected to have a strong Australia network with the ‘heads of’ (CEO/CMO etc.) leading brands that either currently spend heavily on advertising and sponsorship or are potential future prospects for the business.
- In addition, the successful candidate must still have the desire and hunger to succeed and be deal driven and have the ability, maturity and gravitas to hold negotiations at a senior level for significant sized deals, sometimes leading these negotiations solo.
- The candidate must possess a strong focus on working with other departments to create new and creative assets to sell – collaboration is a crucial part of this role. Building relationships with Race Directors, Partnership Managers and Operations is key to the success of the role.
- Able to understand sponsors marketing and brand objectives, listening to sponsors when receiving a brief
Essential experience & attributes
- Experience of having personally sold six and seven figure multi-year and multi-asset sponsorship deals.
- A strong and developed personal network at the highest (board and C-Level) level.
- A strong understanding of the commercial and operational workings of the Entertainment & Sports industry.
- Experience of working within a complex and entrepreneurial organisational structure.
- Strong team leader – Goal oriented and target (revenue) driven.
- Effective communicator and negotiator.
- Key industry contacts – able to develop and sell large and complex sponsorship deals.
- Positive with a “can do” attitude. Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate experience in creating innovative solutions to business needs of new & existing clients
- Working with digital platforms to offer deeper customer engagement and deliver on client business challenges
Personal characteristics & profile
- A versatile, confident and persuasive leader, capable of building relationship with multiple stakeholders.
- The individual will be driven by providing outstanding performance and customer service standards.
- A willingness to demonstrate commitment and persistence to achieve goals within a challenging environment.
- The candidate must have experience of a results-orientated, commercial background with a strong work ethic and the required energy and desire to be successful.
- The candidate must be outgoing, self-confident, highly motivated, articulate, have good written and oral presentational skills and be a great team player.
- The candidate must possess a range of influencing skills and be able to adapt their communication style
- Politically astute – able to network and convince at the highest levels.
- A hands-on style, with considerable personal credibility and authority.
- Maturity and gravitas in terms of presentational style and behaviour.
- Independent and able to make decisions under pressure.
- Good strategic thinker – an influencer and shaper.
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.