Senior Research Associate (ANZ) – SRi
SRi is a partner-led, global executive search and consulting firm servicing the rapidly converging industries of Sport, Media, Entertainment and Content.
We work as one team with 65 staff based in key global markets across eleven offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our activities extend beyond traditional executive search and include board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects. SRi has enjoyed double digit growth in Australia and Internationally for each of the last 4 years.
With offices in Sydney and Melbourne, the Australia & New Zealand team is a small and dynamic team and our Senior Research Associate will play a key role in supporting the delivery of search assignments and other client facing activities. Your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Effectively identifying target companies and other relevant sectors to the assignment
- Using sector knowledge and gaining market intelligence through effective use of the web and directories to understand the sector and identify relevant individuals and organisations
- Actively using Invenias (our Client and Candidate Management System) to identify similar searches SRi has managed previously and relevant candidates and sources and add information to Invenias to build on knowledge base
- Mapping client competitors for analysis
- Creating search reports to illustrate the assignment landscape and be able to adapt this as the assignment develops
- Reading around sector to build up knowledge, highlighting interesting information to the rest of the team and adding this to Invenias
- As part of a small ANZ team (2 x Partner, 2 x Senior Consultants and one Admin) the Research Associate will be hands-on and support the team on ad-hoc duties and administrative tasks.
- Identifying appropriate candidates and sources in target companies
- Effectively networking with sources via the telephone to gain feedback on the role and ideas on appropriate candidates
- Approaching potential candidates via telephone and actively engaging them in the role being discussed
- Conducting telephone interviews with interested candidates to assess and qualify appropriate fit for the role
- Providing weekly updates of interested, good quality and well qualified candidates/sources to the team
- Producing comprehensive written search reports on progress of the assignment, in line with the time scales
- When appropriate, contributing to client briefings and update meetings with the Partner/Senior Consultant
- Actioning unsolicited CV’s in a timely and professional manner when appropriate
- Where appropriate, identifying and feeding back to the team, business development opportunities that arise
- With every approach made, promoting SRi’s reputation through effective candidate handling which consistently promotes, protects and extends SRi’s reputation in chosen markets
- Having a keen awareness of Diversity and actively encouraging creative strategies to guarantee a more diverse talent bank
Successful Candidate profile
- Demonstrable Research pedigree
- Possess drive and ambition and a desire to learn
- High levels of tenacity and lateral thinking to ensure optimum success in an assignment
- A natural at developing personal and professional relationships
- Be committed to working in a team environment, someone who genuinely believes that together everybody achieves more
- Organising an approach to an assignment that is methodical and structured that can cover all areas required
- Prioritising multiple assignments effectively
- Coping well with unforeseen change and being able to flex accordingly with the assignment needs
- Showing a creative and constructive approach to problem solving with the ability to think laterally and outside the box
- A sport executive search background is not essential, but must be excited by sport
- Hold a Permanent Residency in Australia, or appropriate visa to work permanently
What we offer
We invest in each and every member of staff.
We’ll offer you all the training you need, you just need to bring the desire to be impossibly successful and we’ll sort the rest.
Our positive, fun and supportive working environment is one of the biggest benefits, but it’s not the only one. You will get five weeks’ holiday, a 6 month bonus scheme, and a tailored, comprehensive training programme among other individual benefits.
This is anticipated to be a full-time position with the option for some flexibility in work hours / working from home.
If this opportunity fits your profile and ambitions, please submit your CV and cover letter via our Apply Now above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters. Only candidates with Australian full working rights should apply.