Shopper Design & Merchandising Manager
Our client was founded in the 1930’s by the current CEO’s grandparents, starting life as a small shoe business it has grown into the UK’s leading global brand management group in sports, outdoor and fashion.
They were recognised as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work® in 2012 and employ 2000 people across 13 countries. Their culture is people centered, and the work environment reflects and supports this. They believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability – generation after generation.
This position will require an experienced commercial manager with a proven track record of using analysis and insight to improve category led initiatives and identifying category opportunities in customers/markets.
This role will work closely with the brand team to implement a category leadership process that will identify measure and track key sales drivers to increase sales and profitability. The role will work closely with Insights and Sales to understand what insight/research is required for the brand to become category leaders in our customers. This role will be expected to develop the brand retail standards and ensure they are delivered in all key customers and markets.
Key to success in this position is the ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of people. Using data and analysis is also central to this role where you will need to use insight to influence retailers and drive category growth.
- Work with Insights to analyse product and category performance in our customers to provide recommendations to the Brand team on future development opportunities.
- Support pricing strategy through analysis of retailer sales trends, competitors and buying behaviour.
- Work with Product and Marketing to provide category data and support for the Customer teams during strategic sell-ins.
- Work with Sales & Planning and the brand team to ensure that category leadership is a competitive advantage for our client forming a key part of the customer team toolkit.
- Work with Insights to understand what research and data is required to identify category sales drivers in key customers.
- Work with key customer teams to test and prove category growth solutions such as education or POP solutions before developing scalable solutions.
- Work with the Brand team to provide the customer teams with seasonal product rankings by category and channel (including online).
- Work with the Brand team to recommend product layouts and planograms including initiatives
- Analyse seasonal range performances in our customers and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Develop relationships with key strategic customers, providing a trusted category leadership perspective for their ranging and POP decisions.
- Coach sales on incorporating a category leadership approach in their sell-ins and how this will benefit the customer.
Qualifications & Skills
Needs to have
- Proven and successful commercial experience.
- Understands category leadership principles; category drivers, opportunities for growth and what insight/research is needed to develop a robust growth plan.
- Ability to work with the brand teams to develop category leadership plans that are in line with the brand strategy.
- Flexibility to work with a variety of data sources from highly complex and analytical to anecdotal. You will need to be creative if data is limited and may have to get directly involved with shopper research to ensure you get what you need.
- Experience working directly with customers to provide category leadership support and insight.
- Excellent analytical skills including Excel with the ability to translate multiple data sources into simple insight and actions.
- Exceptionally strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills across multiple stakeholders. With excellent presentation skills including Powerpoint and a proven track record of delivery.
- Strong planning & organising skills
Needs to be
- Familiar with category leadership principals.
- Experienced commercial manager
- High tenacity with a passion for delivering results
- Strong communicator including influencing, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Analytical & data driven, with the ability to translate strategy into action
- Be passionate about our client, products and talent, driving collaboration across sites, brands and regions
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.