Social Media Lead – DFL Digital Sports
The main task of DFL Digital Sports GmbH is the production of media content. Based in Cologne, the DFL Digital Sports GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of the DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga GmbH and produces and publishes media content via a variety of digital platforms on their behalf. The production of content for international markets and the implementation of the league’s own platforms e.g. bundesliga.de, also belong to the organisation’s core tasks.
Your highly-developed affinity for Social Media and viral marketing will enable you to convey the world of the Bundesliga to an international market and turn interested parties into fans.
Your main responsibilities:
- Lead and develop the Bundesliga’s social media team (both FTEs and freelancers) and work together with local agencies in key target markets
- Oversee social strategy, across the range of existing/new social media platforms, as well as day to day operations within the team
- Ensure content mix and tone of voice is aligned with the digital vision, core values and key brand messaging
- Work with other internal verticals (video, web, central planning) to devise effective narratives and evolve innovative, engaging content formats
- Analyse all data sources to define the direction of content across multiple regions
- Educating the wider editorial team on social media best practices and trends
- Primary social media point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Utilising social media to support the wider business, devising compelling editorial and partner campaigns
- Create a highly engaged global community, connecting the Bundesliga with all fans
- Oversee paid marketing activities: platform(s) strategy, planning, programme/campaign development, stakeholder management/reporting
Your experience and skills:
- Several years’ experience in social media, preferably in the field of sport, media and /or brands
- Proven track record of leadership within a team, able to motivate and guide direct reports
- Demonstrate previous excellence in the domain of social media
- Creative at heart and a storyteller, the ideal candidate is able to communicate a wide range of editorial outputs while engaging with various regions
- Hands-on experience in planning and administering paid media for both fan growth and boosting content
- Team-player with a high sense of responsibility and assertiveness
- Strong understanding of visuals, design and brands
- Great track record of working with both internal and external creatives.
- In-depth understanding of the use of analytics to drive decision making
- Strategic thinking on how to best use social platforms to engage on a high level
- Thorough knowledge of the sports industry, especially football
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of German is an asset
- Ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment
How to Apply
To apply, you should send the following via the Apply Now button:
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.