Social Media Manager, Canada
As an experienced social media manager you will work within the marketing team and take responsibility for setting and leading our social media marketing and communications strategy in Canada. Deeply knowledgeable about social media and a passionate sports fan, you understand what’s important to fans and how to create game-changing social media experiences that resonate with and engage them. As comfortable tweeting as you are writing strategy and creating a major organic or paid campaign, you’ll deliver a calendar of activity aimed at driving awareness and engagement with our brand. You will have experience of working with agencies and will have run successful initiatives for a major brand or sports property either in-house or at an agency.
- Establish & continuously evolve our social media strategy and tone of voice in Canada
- Manage our presence on social networks including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other similar community sites.
- Deliver an annual calendar of engaging social media content from day-to-day posting, through to major organic & paid campaigns (integrating social media into broader marketing campaign initiatives).
- Manage blogger & influencer relations – building an active brand ambassador network.
- Monitor and report on the performance of our social activities as well as those of our competitors.
Skills & Experience Required
- Sports fan / enthusiast
- Previous experience managing social media for a: sport, digital, mobile, media, entertainment, lifestyle, or brave FMCG brand (i.e. Red Bull)
- Bilingual (English & Canadian French)
- Excellent sports knowledge, news sense and editorial planning, with strong creative content writing skills
- Sound understanding of the audience building, targeting, and analytics functionality of the leading social media networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, and collaborative international environment with a unique culture (we have a start-up mentality whilst being part of a global organisation)
- 6+ years social/PR/marketing experience
- Degree level (or equivalent) education in related subject
- Experience working in an international environment / global organisation
- Experience launching new and innovative digital products & services
- Strong working relationships with the leading social media networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
- Line management experience
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.
This role will be based in New York, USA.