Sponsorship Manager – Vitality
Our unique approach to insurance is based on scientifically proven principles of behavioural economics. We help you take a more active role in managing wellness, giving you a Vitality status and encouraging you to develop healthy long-term habits that are good for you, good for us and good for society.
We believe in the power of sport to help inspire people to live a healthy life, which is why we partner with leading sports figures, teams and events to help us share the Vitality message.
Managing the planning and activation of Vitality’s sponsorship to drive brand awareness, member engagement and customer acquisition.
- Deep understanding of sponsorship assets and how they can be leveraged. Demonstrate a solid strategic and executional understanding of activating our sponsorship assets.
- Proven ability to build relationships with key Rights Holders. Develop and manage close working relationship with our sponsorship partners to ensure expectations and deliverables are achieved.
- Create activation plans that meet our strategic objectives of building brand awareness, increasing member engagement and driving new customer acquisition.
- Deliver, execute and integrate activation programs.
- Reporting in to Head of Sponsorships, this person will be responsible will be responsible for integrating and pulling in resource from our sponsorship agency as well as 3rd parties as and when needed.
- Measure ROI of sponsorship activation plans.
- Proactively think ahead to seek solutions and opportunities to issues that may be less than obvious to current thinking.
- Work closely with internal marketing teams to deliver campaigns in multiple marketing disciplines including traditional, digital, social media, PR, experimental and sponsorship rights management.
- Work effectively with the wider team to ensure that all work streams are on time and on budget.
- Work closely with Head of Sponsorship to maximize all relevant sponsorship opportunities and where appropriate play an integral role in strategic planning for sponsorships.
- Lead internal marketing teams to develop activation programs leveraging sponsorship assets.
- Be a key motivator for all team members – inspire them in all things that you undertake.
Required to understand and comply with all relevant rules, regulation and legislation applicable to your role. This means:
- Acting with integrity and due skill, care and diligence at all times
- Ensuring that customers are treated fairly at all times
- Ensuring that communications via any medium meet the principle of ‘clear, fair and not misleading’
- Undertaking relevant internally arranged training on systems, processes and regulatory requirements relevant to the role
Qualifications & Experience
- University level education. Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred
- Marketing Management qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in sports sponsorship and activation ideally in cricket and/or rugby and/or football (but not limited to)
- A solid understanding of managing multiple partners in marcomms activity.
- Excellent knowledge of integrated marketing disciplines
- Understanding of brand growth strategies, i.e., acquisition and engagement/retention.
- Experience at a sports property rights holder and/or brand-side experience preferred
- A demonstrated ability to generate and deliver sponsorship activation programs from a wide range of sponsorship assets, including both traditional and digital media content.
- Possess knowledge of strategic marketing and the management of sponsor accounts
- Ability to develop creative solutions and strong activation programs.
- Experience of managing multiple campaigns to strict deadlines
- Experience and demonstrated success in digital media.
- Knowledge of and relationships in the UK sports sponsorship industry is a plus
- Ability to segment target markets correctly and position campaigns effectively
- Ability to negotiate with internal marketing teams to ensure clear customer communications
- Good at building relationships across functions
- Creative approach balanced with analytical rigour
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities
- Managing and relationship-building
- Creating and conceptualising
- Interacting and presenting
- Analysing and interpreting
- Adapting and coping with change
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates ‘passion’ – approaches all tasks enthusiastically
- Flexibility, ability to manage uncertainty
- Can do, results-oriented, energy, self-motivation, optimism
- Strong team-orientation with individual accountability
- Honesty, integrity
- Required: a passion for sports!
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.