Sponsorship Director – Formula 1
Working into the Director of Sponsorship & Commercial Partnerships, the role requires a first class sports sponsorship sales expert with a strong client base. As one of two Sales Directors based at the Head Office, their main role is to drive significant sponsorship partnerships with a high financial yield. Experience in motorsport would be an advantage however experience in selling sports sponsorships and series partnerships is essential. Candidates will need to be self-motivated but able to coordinate into a complex matrix organisation. Unusual hours (coordinating with partners around the globe and other client time zones) and weekend working (events) will be required.
- Key member of team responsible for Formula 1 global sponsorship sales efforts
- Responsible for European based sponsorship clients and/or specific (global) industry sponsorship revenues as directed.
- Work closely with both the Global Sponsorships Sales team and other F1 departments in allocating resources for partnership opportunities
- Proactive and self-sufficient in cultivating relationships with prospective clients.
- Creatively inputting and adapting sponsorship offerings to stay ahead of the ever changing sports sponsorship landscape
- Managing 1-2 sales and sales support personnel
- Report accurate sales activity, forecasts and activity/prospect status on a regular basis
- Reporting sales activities to Director of Sponsorship & Commercial Partnerships
Qualifications & Skills
- Tenacious Sponsorship Sales person
- 9+ years experience
- Highly independent, performance-driven, and comfortable with working in a dynamic global environment to tight deadlines
- Proven sales track record in sports event sponsorship (motorsports not essential but preferable) with key relationships and high-level clients
- Analytical/strategic ability to identify multiple value chains potential sponsors may be able to bring to F1
- Strong professional network within the sports sponsorship industry
- International sales experience a plus
- Excellent inter-personal skills, advanced communication and presenting capabilities
- Creative ability to construct bespoke sponsorship packages meeting client needs
- Effectively managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Foreign languages a positive
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.