Catapult empowers elite coaches globally with scientifically-validated metrics for the advancement of athlete performance. The company engineers wearable technology that provides objective information behind athlete risk, readiness and return to play. Born out of the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and a scientific research organisation, Catapult now works with over 950 elite teams and institutes around the world and is based in Australia, the US and the UK.
Culture is a key part of how we deliver company success and we believe that a set of shared beliefs, values and practices will guide our journey and help us to create a company we love.
Our company beliefs include these key commitments:
- We obsess over clients, not competitors.
- We are unreasonably selective about our peers. We are a perpetual work in progress.
- We believe in educating our clients, not exploiting them. We believe in work plus life, not work versus life.
- We move quickly to innovate our space.
- We expect everyone to make Catapult better every day. We believe we are shaping sport.
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in North America has led to the required services of a Sports Development Manager. This role involves primarily hunting and developing new relationships, closing deals, and some account management for Catapult’s largest and fastest-growing market. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Sports Performance, helping coaches, sports scientists and performance analysts turn objective data into valuable athlete insights. You’ll be the front line voice to Catapult clients, and the standard to which our product performance is measured. The successful applicant will need to be an all-encompassing professional that is passionate about performance technology.
- Prospecting and developing a pipeline and closing sales across leagues, professional teams and large NCAA Division 1 programs.
- Being a spokesperson for Catapult and its brand initiatives as needed in local and national presentations of the technology and assets.
- Identifying markets for sales activity and enhancing and developing strategies of how to penetrate those markets.
- Effectively communicating the value of Catapult to a range of stakeholders, and simplifying advanced technology to a diverse audience.
- Maintaining a CRM database and effectively using it to manage your contacts to forecast sales opportunities.
- Phone and email support of Catapult’s elite sport clients. Phone and web conferencing training of new users.
- Exceptional, proven sales track record in similar roles, preferably in sports.
- A self-starter able to maintain a cost-effective and time-effective travel schedule, completing expense reports and updating a CRM system daily. You’ll treat your role as if the business was your own.
- Flexible, with the ability to travel approximately 15-20 days a month.
- Able to perform quality, scientific presentations in the field of athlete performance.
- Able to communicate with coaches by understanding the basics of targeted sports and identify, through research, customer needs in advance of a presentation.
- Able to understand the differences in performance training, strength and conditioning, tactical skill training, rehabilitation, sports media and business development of the customers.
- An established network of elite coaches is highly desirable.
- Adaptable. We know our current needs, and we work at a very fast pace to achieve these. At times, we’ll demand a lot, but you’ll be rewarded well in return. We understand life balance and respect it.
Please apply via the “Apply now” button.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted