Strategic Account Director – Amer Sports
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognised brands including Salomon, Wilson, Atomic, Arc’teryx, Mavic, Suunto and Precor.
The company’s technically advanced sports equipment, footwear, apparel and accessories improve performance and increase the enjoyment of sports and outdoor activities.
Amer Sports’ business is balanced through its broad portfolio of sports and products and a presence in all major markets. The offering of sports equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories covers a wide range of sports, including tennis, badminton, golf, American football, soccer, baseball, basketball, alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, fitness training, cycling, running, hiking, and diving.
The Strategic Account Director is the primary account owner for Amer Sports’ largest accounts and is responsible for profitable driving sales growth at those accounts across the total Amer Sports portfolio.
Winning with Strategic Accounts is one of the 5 critical global GTM (Go-To-Market) strategic pillars and as such the Strategic account leader is responsible for pooling resources across the organization to ensure that Amer Sports grow ahead of the market with these major customers.
General Purpose of the Job:
- Maintains an exceptional understanding of the strategic accounts’ strategy, positioning to consumers, and the priorities of various purchase decision-makers
- Knows his/her strategic accounts intimately e.g., senior management, buying, retail operations
- Works with the National Account Management team to directly support the most strategically important core customers. Coaches the NAM team on how to win with the national accounts which they will primarily manage themselves
- Devises and leads initiatives that benefit the retailer‘s sales and profitability and enhance the consumer experience
- Shapes the strategic account’s sporting goods agenda by leveraging Amer Sportsꞌ broad portfolio. The SAD has in-depth knowledge of sporting goods consumers & method of communicating to them in an omni-channel environment
- Member of the country management team
- Key strategic account contact for ANZ when working with APAC and global stakeholders
Main Responsibility Areas:
- Achievement of annual & long-term Amer Sports sales & profit plan with allocated bricks and mortar, bricks & clicks & pure play strategic accounts.
- Delivering profitable sales growth across the total Amer Sports business focused around the business fundamentals: Win Online / Consumer experience and Winning with Strategic accounts
- Overall ownership for negotiation of account terms & conditions with Amer Sports, within the guard rails of each brand & category
- Works closely with the Commercial Manager and Marketing and E-com team to develop programs and product ranges that uniquely build Amer Sports’ ability to succeed with strategic accounts
- Drives category door growth within the strategic accounts down to an individual article and size level
- Maximises in-store availability for the consumer of Amer Sports-brands
- Maximises points of contact and influence: e.g., Key category decision makers, product buyers, merchandisers, allocators, marketing teams, E-com
- Development of the strategic distribution plan (from the Joint Business Plan), identification and delivery of incremental business / distribution opportunities
- Accountable for the E-VECTRA/VECTRA execution at the priority strategic accounts, working closely with the Ecomm NAM and Trade Marketing to ensure the consumer marketing plans are organised and delivered against
- Develops and delivers outstanding account management disciplines
- Very closely supports the NAMs to deliver against the “be most found online” strategic business objectives within target strategic account customers. Deliver outstanding conversion and customer service
Required Working Experience:
Above 5 years’ experience of sales, including marketplace development, account development & strong negotiation skills
- Retail, Lifestyle, Sporting Goods or FMCG
- Proven outstanding account management skills with major strategic account customers
- Clear understanding of how the consumer operates in an omni-channel environment
- Strong commercial & financial acumen and business planning capabilities
- Experience of sales leadership roles overseas would also be an advantage