Strategic Account Manager
Founded in the 1930’s by the current CEO’s grandparents, our client started life as a small shoe business and has grown into the UK’s leading global brand management group in sports, outdoor and fashion. Owning the following brands globally: Speedo, Canterbury, Ellesse, Berghaus, Red or Dead, Mitre, Kangaroos and Boxfresh; and is also the global licensee for Lacoste and Ted Baker footwear, and the UK licensee for Kickers.
Our client was recognised as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work® in 2012 and employ 2000 people across 13 countries. Their culture is people centered, and the work environment reflects and supports this. They believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability – generation after generation.
The new role will allow them to build a long term, sustainable, harmonious and profitable business and effectively design and deliver joint business plans to grow faster.
This commercial sales role will support our clients strategy in delivering breakthrough results & performance with Sports Direct (including USC, Flannels and any other appropriate SDI fascias), one of our clients identified strategic retailers. Working across assigned brands this role is accountable for sales, profit and brand presence to agreed KPI’s, identifying and removing barriers to ensure success internally and externally.
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPI’s of their brands business with assigned brands– monitor, challenge and lead course-correction recommendations as required
- Lead the creation and implementation of ambitious long-term growth strategies for the brands in line with customer vision to maximise revenue opportunities, manage the cost base of the business to achieve sustainable profits and provide a stable platform for the expansion of the business long term.
- Design, deliver and execute aligned customer joint business plans (1-3 years) that deliver against the financial, go to market / brand presence and efficiency targets.
- Support annual trade terms negotiations, lead creative thinking behind trading variables and ensure legal compliance in line with strategy leveraging value from our commercial agreements to best market our brands and drive consumer experience.
- Utilise data and insight to scope, recommend and execute plans/opportunities/mitigate risk and drive efficiency opportunities within assigned strategic customer across the brands business for all areas of the business from trade marketing to operations.
- To manage the investment within the account (including all discretionary spend and cost prices) ensuring we maximise return and deliver the agreed sale/profit targets.
- Build trust with the retailer to create joint value, influence strategic decisions and leading the delivery of objectives through an accelerated joint business plan
- Manage the sell-in process of assigned brands ensuring delivery of key propositions through the persuasive selling framework
- Responsibility for internal influence & engagement across the division to align and deliver plans & to bring in a deep understanding of customer & shopper needs
- To be an active member of the Strategic Customer team by working within a matrix global team facilitating, sharing & reapplying learnings that allows us to better work in a first way.
- To take overall responsibility for assigned brands procurement and analysis of sell-in, sell out, stock turn and order book management including overdue order book, customer marketing plan and all assigned KPI’s.
Qualifications & Skills
What you need to have
- Proven track record of managing and delivering results in key accounts
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Negotiation trained
- Strong Influencing skills – ability to influence internally and externally
- Commercial acumen – Understanding of broader business financial principles and how to manage profitability in order to achieve financial gains.
- Shopper/category management experience
- Ability to utilise market / industry / competitor insight to challenge and influence our category / channel / regional strategies and execute consumer focused propositions with customers
- Ability to analyse, spot trends and build a compelling commercial argument
- Experience of working in a multi-functional team & working in a matrix environment beyond a single market
- Experience of delivering robust brand activation plans within a customer
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally.
- Strong planning and organisational skills are required
- Knowledge of competition law
- Prepared to travel UK & Europe
What we need to see in you
- An ambassador for our clients brands across the divisions, role modelling the organisational values
- Demonstrates a passion for bringing the voice of the customer in to the business
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Challenge and recommend new ideas and be willing to take risks to drive strategies and efficiencies
- Highly numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking and build compelling relevant commercial arguments
- High tenacity & passion to achieve via influence
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas adding greatest value
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Seeks collaboration across cultures, brands and functions to deliver results
- Able to liaise and influence with people at all levels
- Ability to build and lead a team
- Ability to build partnership and trust with a customer/mother brand partner
- Solution mind-set
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.