The International Hockey Federation (FIH) is seeking to appoint a TV & Broadcast Director who is ready to enter the fast-paced world of hockey and demonstrate the FIH core values of being inclusive, optimistic, progressive and dynamic.
With 137 member National Associations and millions of fans around the world, hockey enjoys a strong global profile and following. You will become part of a talented team aiming to build upon this exposure with a mission to grow the game globally through targeted development work as part of FIH’s dynamic ‘Hockey Revolution’ strategy.
With the introduction of the new Hockey Pro League and Hockey Series in 2019, it is an exciting time to be joining the FIH.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the planning, development, negotiation and implementation of all FIH’s broadcast agreements. Responsible for the achievement of sales goals and financial objectives. The position will report to the CEO and work closely with the leadership team and the FIH Commercial & Broadcast Panel.
Leading the strategic initiative “World-class tv production and distribution” and directs the efforts of the Media Rights Manager. Coordinating at the strategic and tactical levels with the rest of the Leadership Team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Deliver an International Sales strategy for FIH Media rights across the full FIH event portfolio
- Financial accountability across all TV and broadcast properties
- Establish processes for management of Licensees across all areas of the partnership working closely with the FIH events team, marketing team and commercial team to ensure all contractual obligations are delivered
- Continue the development of guiding principles with marketing team and commercial team to guide the direction of broadcast output in line with FIH strategy
- Develop production guidelines and technical specifications for all events and ensure implementation to the highest standards
- Secure outside broadcast solutions for FIH Event Portfolio
- Ensure continued enhancement and innovation of FIH programming through new technology
- Perform role of Executive Producer across delivery of all FIH live programming
Your experience and skills:
- Demonstrated experience and successful track record securing broadcast contracts, 10+ years’ experience
- Comprehensive understanding of media rights, production, technology and data
- Appropriate tertiary qualification
- Strong understanding of the television and broadcast market and a network of relationships across all sectors of the media landscape
- Commercially minded – ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Ability to travel extensively
- Experience in managing relationships across cultures and geographies
- Strategic thinker, capable of contributing to the big picture
- Leadership qualities, with character and a sense of humour and well presented
- Capable of setting high standards of professionalism
- Appreciative of other cultures and business practices
- Well-organized, strong time management skills
- High level of honesty and integrity, discrete and ethical
- Capacity to handle stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence
- Positive, flexible and optimistic approach, able to quickly adapt to the changing nature of work
- Fluency in English is require, fluency in Spanish is beneficial