Wheelchair Tennis Coordinator – ITF
The International Tennis Federation (ITF) is the world governing body of tennis. With its main office in Roehampton, it is one of the few truly global sports with 205 member nations. Its key objectives are to;
- grow and develop the sport worldwide
- develop the game at all levels and all players
- promote its International Team and Individual events throughout the World
- ensure that the rules and integrity of the game are upheld at all times.
Its main commercial activity is the organisation of the International Team competitions within tennis, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but also the management of other team events and tournaments, both professional and non-professional, and also the general administration of the game.
The role of the coordinator is to work closely with other department staff to ensure the successful implementation of the ITF’s wheelchair tennis programmes and in particular to assist with the organisation and administration of the Tour and the team and individual events outlined above.
- Provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders, including players
- Liaise with and provide all necessary support to National Associations and tournament organisers regarding tournament organisation and other wheelchair tennis related matters
- Ensure receipt and publication of tournament fact sheets and weekly results
- Ensure publication of updated rankings
- Assist with maintenance of the Tour Calendar and player Code of Conduct
- Develop a full understanding of all wheelchair tennis competition regulations; contribute to their ongoing development in the best interests of the game and stakeholders
- Assist with the organisation and administration of major ITF wheelchair tennis events
- Prepare information materials for distribution to stakeholders, including major event circulars, player notices, regulation updates
- Assist with preparation of information materials for sponsors/partners
- Prepare and distribute invoices for collection of monies
- To administer specific wheelchair tennis projects and undertake relevant and reasonable duties as requested by the Head of department
- To ensure that the projects allocated run as efficiently and effectively as possible
- To attend regular team meetings regarding division of work / progress of projects
- To liaise closely with departmental colleagues, other ITF departments, national and regional associations on projects allocated
- To travel to and act as ITF representative at certain events as required
- Preparation of papers for meetings; to attend Committee / Commission / other meetings and take minutes as necessary
Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge of and keen interest in tennis and/or disability sport
- Fluent in written and spoken English; other languages desirable, particularly Spanish and/or French
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent administration, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Good attention to detail/accuracy; ability to focus on routine tasks
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Event/project administration experience
- Ability to prioritise and take initiative
- Ability to work independently whilst also as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, diplomatic and motivated
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.