At the heart of sports history for over a century, no other company has been as influential and intimately involved in shaping the games of tennis, golf, baseball and American football as Wilson. As the originator of breakthrough technologies, Wilson has produced legendary classics and earned world-wide legitimacy in each sport it participates in. Backed by generations of athletes, Wilson is the true American icon in the world of sports equipment.
Wilson is the world’s leading manufacturer of ball sports equipment. The company’s core sports are tennis, baseball, American football, golf, basketball, softball, badminton and squash.
Headquartered in Chicago, United States, Wilson employs over 1,600 people globally. The company’s dedicated sales network serves customers in over 100 countries.
The Commercial Manager is primary manager of the Wilson tennis brand and categories, retail offering in the local market and commercial plan for it.
- Full P&L Accountability for the Wilson Racquet Brand in ANZ.
- Identify opportunities to grow the brand and improve its profitability through internal and external solutions
- Define the ‘Where to Play’ distribution model and drive the optimal offer (product assortment, pricing, terms, sales tools) for sell-in to each retail channel and strategic accounts in the market.
- Plan and present seasonal launch programs to the Sales Team in order to achieve sales and ranging targets
- Work closely with the Strategic Account Director to develop a winning brand and category proposition for the largest retailers
- Collect and synthesize local market trends (market mapping) and share feedback on Amer Sports’ market offering with the global and regional brand/category teams. Provide feedback to the global team on Wilson Racquet portfolio and commercial strategies.
- Responsible for the seasonal commercial plan, demand planning (forecasts) as well as budget and financial forecasts (sales & PGP)
- Work closely with the Sales Team to implement the commercial plan, train, follow up key initiatives and take part in key meetings with customers to support the plan.
- Understand the different consumer touch points and their impact on purchases and the sport and deliver the local omni-channel plans.
- Build the mid-term vision for the brand in the market (3year sales plan development per category and channel) and define the building blocks to deliver the plan
Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Identifies and realizes business opportunities for the organization;
- Demonstrates business, commercial & financial awareness;
- Thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value;
- Business Savvy.
Persuading and Influencing
- Makes a strong personal impression on others;
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating;
- Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others;
- Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
Decision Making and Initiating Action
- Makes (Gets) prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks;
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people;
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction;
- Initiates and generates activity.
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clearly defined objectives;
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances;
- Manages time effectively;
- Identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks;
- Monitors performance against deadlines, milestones and targets
- Leverages product and product mix to create assortments that excite and inspire consumers and drive revenue growth and profitability for the retailer and the supplier.
- Sets the right pricing to maximize the sell-thru as well as financial return
- Manages product cycle
- Develop and implements CRA
- Identifies the right channels/customers, coverage target and distribution strategies that fit for the brand strategies.
- Defines the right trading terms to achieve the results.
- Sets and tracks the KPIs
- Understands and interprets the Financial definitions, concepts and numbers;
- Understand and master the relevant tools and data
- Takes actions to work with F&O drive healthy financial results
- Spots and understands the trends that are relevant to business, including channels, segment, pricing, consumer behaviors
- Summarizes and turn facts into insights
- Develops actions / plans /strategies based on local insights
SRi is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting edge talent acquisition and management practice.
With offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, we are the largest search firm specialising in sports, media and entertainment.
For a confidential discussion about the role, contact:
Mobile +61 (0)478 803 255
Applications must be submitted via SRi‘s Apply Now button above.
Resumes and cover-letters must be sent in a Word format.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, SRi are only able to respond to successful candidates. To ensure you are kept up to date with all our new roles please sign up to receive our job alerts and Season Ticket newsletters.